Saturday, February 05, 2011

Traveling on the COLD Circuit!

Yeah, I'm in Nebraska! And it's COLD. . .though not as bad as I thought it would be. I wore my ugs (are they still in style - i don't care) and it turns out i wished I'd brought my sneakers. My feet are so big (12 AAA) that I can't pack both sneakers and good shoes for the show, so if i wear boots, i have to choose. the good shoes won and the sneakers stayed home. BUT after i came out of the restaurant last night, i really wanted sneakers to work out in, so i popped into a Goodwill and bought a pair. . .Asics or some really good brand for 8 bucks. Now I've got to try to re-pack everything.

Anyway, i digress. . .Nebraska is cold. I was in Buffalo on Monday and it was actually colder. . .got out right before the snow hit. I did a programon humor in communication for 9 people at an offsite event. . .they did a cooking teambuilding thing first (see pic below) and then me. It was fun and it was the smallest group I've ever been in front of. One time i did a show for 12 board of directors and they had me first pretend I was a cheesy motivational speaker. . .I started out with all those horrible rah rah sayings "you know the difference between ordinaray and extradinary? it's that little "extra."  get it. . yeah, after a couple minutes, i stopped and said "am i the worst motivational speaker you've ever heard?" They agreed and I went into my comedy act. . .very fun.

So this week is cold. . next week I'm back in Nebraska. . cold again. . .and after that' it's Illinois. . . I'm happy for the work though and am having a great year. Now I've got to run off and buy some new shoestrings for my sneakers - which will probably cost more than the sneakers.


here's 9 fun people and me - cooking!
Stay warm!
Jano
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: