Wednesday, February 09, 2011

It's still freezing in the midwest! And more

Okay, I experienced another "control" situation at the airport today. . .actually on my flight. I LUV Southwest airlines, but not today. I'm sitting in the exit row, and the flight attendant came by and forced all of us to take the safety instructions out and look at them. I said I've read 'em already. He said I had to take it out. . Which I did. . Then he said "open it". . Which I did. . Then he said "look down at the page and read it".. It was ridiculous! I said I read it. . .you can't FORCE someone to read. BUT more importantly does he think I don't have a vested interest in knowing how to open the door? If we crash, I want out of the airplane toooo. It totally wasn't a safety thing with this guy, it was a control thing. And it was stupid.


ANYWAY. . .I'm here in Kansas - actually Missouri. . Headed to Nebraska tomorrow for a show and then back home to the heat. But tonight I'm visiting my friend and colleague (he's a comic too) Kent Rader here in Liberty, MO. Kent has 6 cats, so he is close to being a cat hoarder. Here is a picture of me and one of his cats - Ellen - named after Ellen Degeneras.


Facts about Liberty, Missouri:

Þ This is the town where Jesse James robbed his first bank. He made off with 30 bucks - which is the same amount as my first paycheck. JOKING. .. i only got like 20 bucks.

Þ William Jewell College is here - it's a liberal arts college founded by Jesse James' dad - the inventor of doppler radar, Harold Brooks, went to school there too. And we all know how accurate that is!

Þ The liberty jail is here - that’s where Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormons, was jailed.

Þ Independence MO (right down the street) is where Harry Truman's presidential library is located.

Þ A lot of trails started in Independence. . Santa Fe, Oregon, CA trails. .. A lot of people trying get out.

So now you know!

Jan


http://www.comedywriterblog.com/
http://www.theworklady.com/o
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: