Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Florida via security strip search

Omni @ day from my balcony!
Omni @ night from my balcony!
This week’s travel started out with yet another search of my bag at airport security! Ok, not a strip search exactly (as my joke goes. . ."they practically strip search you at the airport. Now I've got to shave my legs to get on an airplane.") but the TSA guy insisted I had the dreaded liquids in there. . .I didn’t. But just to make sure, he rifled thru my bag, ran it thru twice and asked me twice if I had liquids. I didn’t. Okay, forget that pawing thru my bag is a WASTE of time and resources because I travel every week and, oh, I’m not a terrorist, security is ridiculous! These people should not be our first line of defense. ..if someone wants to blow something up, I’m positive they could do it.

Luckily I got to the resort and calmed down… the omni @ champions gate in Orlando. It’s a beautiful place – I’ve been there a few times. . .pics are above.

The group was fun. . .small, but really fun. All women who work in the electrical field. I did my program Finding the Funny in Communications. . . it went over great.

I’m off to Kansas tomorrow. . .the group is having me close the convention. . . the opening speaker was none other than THE FONZ. . Henry Winkler. Darn he was on today, so I missed him.

I’m putting in a plug again for my UNIQUE Secret Santa and stocking stuffer gifts. . Cubicle Comedy Playing cards. These are actual playing cards with some of my work jokes on there along with some work humor. Do you want to know how to eat for free in the office? Check them out! They’re cheap and did I say UNIQUE. Picture is below and the link takes you to a HILARIOUS video (1.5 min.) about how they saved the day for the office. LINK TO FUNNY VIDEO
o
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: