Monday, October 25, 2010

From Des Moines to Jimmy Buffet and women @ work!

Yes last week I had 2 programs (Finding the Funny in Communications) in Des Moines, Iowa, a Jimmy Buffet concert and then a show in Pasadena (5 minutes from home) for Women At Work. . .an organization that helps women get jobs! I always forget to pull out my flip video BUT i did snap a few short clips below.

Here are a couple of the 250+ people who loved the program in Des Moines. . . I forgot to pull out the camera until everyone had left, so it looks kinda empty, but there really were people there! Facts about Des Moines. . .
  • It’s the capitol
  • No one can agree on what Des Moines was named after. . .a river, Indians, or a monks
  • It’s the number one spot for US Insurance Companies
  • A sister city is Kofu Japan
  • The 7th top employer is the U.S. Postal Service

Here's a 26 sec clip from happy clients - I forgot to pull out the camera until everyone was mostly gone. . dang


Then I hit the Jimmy Buffet concert on Wednesday night. . .Here I am enjoying the show:

  • He has a degree in History (my communications degree doesn’t look so bad)
  • He’s originally from ALABAMA, not Florida like we all think
  • He was a friend of Jim Croce’s
  • He’s married with 3 kids
  • He produces his own beer. . Landshark Lager (see me on the car!)
  • He’s estimated income is 100 million a year!
And FINALLLLLY I did a show Saturday night, with some other comedienne friends, for Women At Work in Pasadena:
  • They help thousands of women get jobs
  • They offer all sorts of classes. .
  • They’re a great organization. . check out their website link (click on women at work)
A VERY fun week. . .off to D.C. this week for less than 48 hours. . enough time to take any nieces and nephews to the HAUNTED FOREST. . .i know Abigail will go. . .who else dares???? oh, and I have a show at a banquet in Crystal City Thursday evening, then back on the plane. . .

Jano
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: