Saturday, November 13, 2010

Wearing the SAME outfit as the Secretary of Health & Human Services!

And yet ANOTHER search compliments of TSA on Thursday a.m.. THIS time it was because I had 15 books in my suitcase. The X-ray machine that is supposed to detect bombs can’t see thru paper. . . this time the guy was nicer and in fact once he found out I was a comedian, he unleashed his inner comic himself. At least he was pleasant.

I did get a good laugh as I got off the Marriott shuttle (cheap valet parking and it’s right next to LAX!). The recording came on “please don’t forget your bags.” Me and the guy next to me exchanged glances and cracked up. . .LIKE HOW WOULD YOU DO THAT???? The only thing you have to focus on on the shuttle is YOUR BAGS. That’s some of the stupidest advice. The person who wrote that script obviously has never traveled!

A 7:15 A.M. flight and the guy across the aisle ordered a bourbon. THEN he brought out a second mini bottle of liquor from his briefcase when he’d finished the first one. Maybe he’s on vacation so I shouldn’t judge.

My show went great, though I wore the EXACT SAME outfit as the Secretary for Health & Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius! Yep, the EXACT SAME. See my comedy writing blog – www.ComedyWriterBlog.com - for the humor that I did in order to get through that. All I can say is I’m glad I followed her.  .  . she may not have been too happy following me.
This is the jacket! The same one the Sec.of HHS wore yesterday!

It’s off to Miami in the A.M. to the FontaineBleau Resort in Miami Beach. . .should be a blast!

Jan
Jan McInnis
www.TheWorkLady.com
www.ComedyWriterBlog.com

DON'T FORGET TO ORDER MY CUBICLE COMEDY PLAYING CARDS as a stocking stuffer or secret Santa gift! Here's the hilarious 1.5 min video. Order them on my website.
o
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: